Tuesday 21 September 2010

Does this blog have a point?

Yes. All pinhole cameras’ have a point of entry from which light comes in and the image is captured!

But what’s the point of pinhole cameras?
Well pinhole cameras are usually handmade by the photographer for a particular purpose.


I suppose that's as good as any place to start really. What does the photographer want from the photo? If they’re going to be using a pinhole camera?
They obviously want a different type of photo
They’re looking for something specific
They are willing to take their time


Wolf Howard a member of the Stuckism Photography group takes pinhole photos, here are his thoughts...

"There is something special about a pinhole camera. There is a beauty in its simplicity and rawness that technology has not been able to better. There is a timeless quality that can make the most uncomplicated subject seem full of poetry.
In each pinhole picture I take I hope to capture the joy and excitement that the early pioneering photographers (Fox Talbot and friends) must have felt when they took and developed photographs for the very first time"

I suggest you check him out... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf_Howard


So I've given you my thoughts on pinhole cameras, I've shown/told you what I liked and I've basically given you the general idea of pinhole photography.
Also I'm pretty sure I've given you the point; and I'm almost certain I've given you something to think about too.

Now you could always say I don't know, but why not think about it.

1 comment:


  1. Nice to Sharing!
    Find detailed information of Spy Camera Suppliers for your buy requirements like Pen Camera, Body Worn Camera, Wireless Camera, Charger Camera, and more. Contact verified Spy Camera Manufacturers, Spy Camera wholesalers, Spy Camera Dealers, Spy Camera Retailers, Spy Camera Price in Delhi. If you have any queries contact our experts at 9999332099/2499.




    ReplyDelete